Corona, CA Brunch (A Blogger's Perspective)




My friend Sharon and I drove east to Riverside County today for brunch at the new Taps. The restaurant got its start in Brea and now has a sister location in the Dos Lagos Promenade. The mall has high-end stores, which I would have explored but we ran out of time.

Brunch was plentiful, as expected. Sharon is a Taps veteran and has worked with a few of the Corona staff during her days at the Brea location. It was nice for her to reconnect with some familiar faces. I enjoyed the view of the fake lake and sipped a little champagne.

Highlights for me included bananas foster on my waffle, and later, steamed mussels and clams. Breakfast fare was mostly average, but their seafood bar is quite good. Sharon had the raw oysters; I passed.

Would I drive out there again for the food? Probably not. But the mall might be worth a second look … Perhaps on a day when the mercury wasn’t once again heading toward triple digits. (I couldn’t find the second lake.)

Next up, a concert in Los Angeles. I have an hour to relax and then I’m driving north.

I hope everyone out there is having a great weekend. My dog, Katy, is at the beach with her best four-legged friends, courtesy of Aunt Christine and Bobby. I’m slightly envious. The water would feel great, and I love watching the dogs romp at the beach. It’s like their Disneyland.


No comments: