Corona, CA: Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki Heads to France for Motocross of Nations


Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki riders Blake Baggett, Dean Wilson, and Tyla Rattray will make their way to France for the 2011 Motocross of Nations at Circuit du Puy de Poursay taking place from September 17-18. After wrapping up a highly successful AMA Motocross Championship season, the team is ready to represent their nations proudly. Baggett was chosen to ride the MX2 class for the United States, Wilson will also ride the MX2 class for Great Britain, and Rattray will lead his team in the MX1 class for South Africa.

Baggett’s 2011 AMA Motocross Championship season was a rollercoaster ride until the end, but with five race wins, he caught the eye of Team USA. His ability to come through the pack and competitive spirit help land Baggett his first trip to the prestigious Motocross of Nations.

“I am really honored to have been chosen for the team,” said Baggett. “I know we have a lot of talent in the 250 class and when I found out I made it on the team, I was so excited to get to France and race against guys from all around the world. Hopefully I can do my part for the team and help them win again.”

Straight off his 250-class championship, Wilson was an obvious choice for the Great Britain team. As a returning team member for Team Great Britain, Wilson looks to help his team achieve success aboard his Pro Circuit-backed Kawasaki KX250F.

“Now that I have some experience racing this event, I think it will help me prepare how I need to prepare,” said Wilson. “Aside from racing long motos, the event has qualifying races on Saturday for gate pick and I will have to race back to back motos on Sunday. I think we have a great team and a good chance at winning.”

After a one-year hiatus, Team South Africa is back with Rattray leading the charge. Fresh off his runner-up finish in the 250 class of the AMA Motocross Championship, Rattray will move up to the 2012 Kawasaki KX450F for the one-off race.

“I’m really looking forward to racing the new bike and seeing how well I can do on the 450,” said Rattray. “There are so many fast guys in the MX1 class. I’ll have to be riding my best in order to get a good result for my team. I think the team is good and we’ll see how everyone adapts to the rocky track.”

The Motocross of Nations will take place at Circuit du Puy de Poursay in Saint Jean de Angely, France from September 17-18. Saturday will see the riders compete in qualifying races before the main motos for Sunday.

No comments: