Corona, CA: Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki Go After Two Win-Streaks in Colorado


The Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team will attempt to keep two different win-streaks alive as the riders head 6182 feet above sea level for the fifth round of the AMA Motocross Championship Series at Thunder Valley MX in Lakewood, Colo. While Tyla Rattray, Dean Wilson, Blake Baggett, and Broc Tickle go after the team’s fifth-straight win of the season, the four-rider squad will also try to keep Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki as the only team to win at the venue since the series started racing there in 2005.

Carrying momentum from his second win last weekend, Rattray hopes he can be the rider to carry the season streak past the challenging Thunder Valley track. His consistency has put him up on the podium at each round this season and he looks to make another trip to the top.

“I have been in Florida all week and I think that training in the harsh conditions could help me when we go up in elevation,” said Rattray. “Everyone will have to deal with the differences in power, but our bikes have always been good there. It would be nice to win again, but I am focused on staying on the podium.”

While he has yet to earn an overall this year, Wilson remains only four points behind Rattray in the 250 class standings. His hunger for that first win also puts him at the top of the list to keep the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki steak alive.

“I really want to come into the weekend excited to race,” said Wilson. “I think I’ve put a lot of pressure on myself and I know the wins will come. I have been so close, which also isn’t too much fun to miss out by a point here and there. If I get two good starts, I know I can have a good chance for my first overall win.”

After making his first trip to the podium in Moto 1 last weekend, Tickle has now been able to taste what it’s like to be up front. He’ll use the confidence from Budds Creek to go after another top finish at Thunder Valley.

“Even though I didn’t have a great second moto at Budds Creek, the podium gave me a boost of confidence that I needed. I knew that I could be up front, and the podium definitely proved what I had thought all along. I’ll be working hard to get back up there.”

Baggett continued to prove he can come through the pack, earning the Ricky Carmichael Hard Charger award at Budds Creek for most positions gained in one moto. The seventh place overall finish wasn’t the result he was looking for and will be ready to get back to the top of the podium for the third time this season.

“The best way I try to deal with a bad race is to put it behind me and keep my program the same during the week,” said Baggett. “I can’t change the race, but I know I tried my hardest to make up as many positions as I possibly could. Now I can focus on this weekend’s race and I’ll do what I can to get back to the podium.”

The Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team will head to just outside the mile-high city for the fifth stop of the AMA Motocross Championship at Thunder Valley MX in Lakewood, Colo. Rattray leads the 250cc class with 174 points, while Wilson remains close with 170. Baggett maintained third with 144, while Tickle continued to move up the standings with 99 points in seventh.

No comments: